Friday, September 9, 2011

So I started a blog...

Hey everyone. I guess I was persuaded to start a blog by Ashlyn. I never really was interested in blogging until recently. I began to ponder what I could actively blog and I decided that images and sights throughout my day might be interesting.

Personally, I think that people do not take enough time out of their busy days to just stop and appreciate something for what it is.

I love taking pictures of things, and I love looking back to them for the memory.

So today I want to start off by sharing a photo of what I have been up to for the past couple weeks. Yesterday marked our completion of staging the musical "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat". The rehearsals for it have been incredible. I mean, how can you not be anything but happy and alive after spending hours every night with this story and this music?





The photo I took is during "Benjamin Calypso". This is a great celebration of brotherhood and camaraderie with the characters as well as a celebration with the audience. The cast gets decked out in beach things and throws beach balls into the crowd while other cast members form conga lines. It is fun for everyone involved.

Looking at this photo, though, reminds me of why I love my job in the arts so much. Yeah it is all fun, but it is all a story too, and telling that story in creative ways is exciting.

2 comments: