Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Something I Can't Get Enough Of


This past summer, I took a vacation with Ashlyn and my family to St. Petersburg Florida. My sister lives down there so we are able to really just pop in and stay with her. That is a nice connection to have down there. Two summers ago we made the same trip, but it was cloudy the whole time. This time, it was nothing but sunny. It gave us more of an opportunity to explore the area and be outside.


Heat and humidity, I am a fan of both of those things.

On my iPhone, I have an app calledInstagram, which essentially is just a photoshop app that allows you to publish and share. So on this trip, I was able to take a bunch of great looking photos of things we saw and did.

The above picture was taken on the St. Pete pier. That place is swarmed with Pelicans and other kinds of birds that have no fear of being close to humans. I was able to get a shot of this bird attempting to just cross the street. What you don't see in this picture is the trolley that is waiting for the bird to cross the road. It was quite entertaining.

The photo on the right was another that I took down at Treasure Island, obviously during a sunset. It is times like these when I go down there that I am reminded that I want to be there all the time. How can anyone not appreciate a sunset like that? When I look at this picture, all I can think about is how peaceful the beach is. Laying in the sand and listening to the waves roll in can put me to sleep any night of the week.

After I graduate, I would like to be in Florida. Now that doesn't mean I necessarily want to be in St. Petersburg, but rather somewhere that fits me and my career. And of course, somewhere much closer to the beach than Lincoln, NE.

No comments:

Post a Comment